Sunday, March 6, 2011

spring fun and the bed reveal

A beautiful spring Sunday here, friends over for lunch and .... I finished re-upsholstering the bed YAY!    

Now, next time I say "I'll just re-cover this bed," would you please tell me to stop talking rubbish and to think again.  

It took me far longer than I thought!  However, it's all over now and I'm fairly pleased with the result.  And just look at the fun we had with it today.



Before we moved the bed into the guest cottage (through a window!) I couldn't resist the temptation of the sunshine and the last of the snowdrops and my latest old french sheets and... and ...and ...






As you can see I used one of my monogrammed sheets to cover the bedhead and foot.  The position of the embroidery on the sheet meant that the letters had to be placed on the foot of the bed, but I like that.  The central seam you see is because the sheet is over 100 years old.  The very old sheets were made up of two narrow widths of material, handsewn together with invisible stitches. 





I even had an unexpected offer of help!
Thank you Iris!  that pony always needs to know what's going on.






I have always loved the idea of a real daybed under the trees in the garden, maybe this summer I should work more on the idea.  The problem being that if I had one like this, I'd never get anything done.





Tomorrow I'll explain how I did this little project.
A demain, sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment