Tuesday, March 1, 2011

ce mercredi je mange ... une quiche lorraine

When I told you about my improvised lunch over the weekend, several people were kind enough to ask for recipes.  So here is my recipe for quiche lorraine.  Easy to put together, child's play actually, and everyone loves it for a quick lunch or snack.



My ingredients tend to be fairly haphazard according to what is in the fridge.  However the quantities that are important for a 10" tart mould are the pastry, 5 eggs and about 2 cups of cream.  Sorry about the calories, but milk simply doesn't give the same result.

I preheat my oven to 425°F or 220°C.  Line a tart mould with home made or shop bought pastry dough.  I pre-bake the pastry using beans to keep it flat.




While the pastry is browning slightly cook about 10 slices of bacon or 200 g of bacon cubes in a pan.  In a bowl mix the cream and eggs along with some salf and peopper.

Remove the pastry case from the oven, scatter the bacon pieces, a good cup of grated cheese, then pour in the cream and egg mix.

Bake until the filling is risen and golden brown, check with a clean knife that it is cooked through.





A popular alternative in this house is when I add some cooked spinach  to the cream and eggs, and top the quiche with slices of goat cheese.  Leeks are a winner too.

Whatever the combination, little more needs to be added than a good side salad.

Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment