Wednesday, March 23, 2011

before and afters in our guest cottage




You may remember that a while back I asked your opinion on window treatment for the eaves bedroom in our guest cottage.  I thought you might like to see progress so far.

I worked out a simple method of fixing a crown for draped curtains behind the bed head.  I have been experimenting with linen drapes, lined with antique embroidered voile.  This is a good start, but at 28" each,  the drapes are nowhere near wide enough.  I'll be needing at least twice that width to give a proper fullness.







Here is the before shot!




There has been good progress redecorating the kitchen as well, calming down colours and freshening up.  It doesn't always need a total makeover to make a room feel welcoming.





and the before shot, not sure how I stuck with these colours for so long!



There'll be more to come, next stop will be the sitting room.
  I'm currently upholstering this baby!


watch this space ...

No comments:

Post a Comment