Sunday, December 4, 2011

what a girl - or a boy - does on a rainy day




You remember Dr Zeuss?   "so all we could do was to sit, sit, sit , sit,  and we did not like it,  not one little bit" -   well here yesterday it rained, rained, rained, rained and consequently I cancelled my plans for trimming in the garden and, much like the infamous cat,  settled down to play with plates.






Many bloggers are clever enough to show fantastic tablescapes as Christmas approaches.  I however am not. In the summer I can manage a decent photo when I lay a pretty table for an al fresco dinner, but shooting the table inside never feels satisfactory. I hate to use a flash, firelight looks too orange; candlelight too dim - just doesn't happen.






So yesterday,  instead of a real tablescape, I rigged up some soft lighting and played around with china, and glass and candlesticks - more of an association of ideas really than a veritable sitting down to dinner.  I didn't even use flowers, just curious to see how much atmosphere I could create with the bare necessities, against a background of antique linen, and tablecloths.

I hope you enjoy, as I say, it's just for fun ...











If you're also having a rainy weekend, I hope you found a way to keep busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment