Monday, March 21, 2011

daring flowers at the george v

I like to think that I dare to be different with flowers here, I don't mind oversized, I don't mind monochrome, but when I look at what Jeff Leatham, star florist and florist to the stars,  gets up to at the George V in Paris, I can only stare and wonder.  I think I'd stay there just for his arrangements!  Sometimes he even  arranges the blooms upside down! 



Do you see how there are whole bunches of roses and - maybe - carnations balanced  at a precarious angle so they are almost falling out of the oversize vases - If I tried that, the whole thing would tip for sure, and I'd have water, flowers , the  lot all over the floor.



How luxurious this suite must feel with it's own topiary at the open window.
Love the very Parisian feel to the room.




Acid green viburnum and white arum - I need these flowers ... now!


More dangerous angles!




Their famous courtyard restaurant could hardly have a more 
sumptuous yet uncrowded feel to it.  A lesson in design.

I love that there are people with this much talent.



all photos borrowed from the George V , with thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment