Saturday, March 19, 2011

one stylish French gal !

Last spring I showed you the restaurant of my friend Ingrid, good food, great décor, boundless energy.

Yesterday she revealed her new guest rooms and I am seriously tempted to pack a bag and drive the 10 miles to spend the night there, just for the pleasure of soaking up the great details in her beautiful rooms.



When I arrived at the restaurant she was on the phone and I was welcomed 
by a bucket of pink lilac, flown in from the South of France ... SIGH ...



While she chatted, I wandered around the dining rooms,
 I hadn't been in for a while, so there was lots of new stuff to 
drool over.













Besides the restaurant, and the guest rooms, she also sells fresh flowers.  In the
summer they are out in the courtyard, at this time of year she brings more indoors.




 She took me up to the top floor to see the new guest rooms.  She has 
completely renovated two  suites, one with an independent salon.



Inggrid is also a great 'chineur' or brocante hunter, and has used many of her treasures 
to decorate the rooms.   Be it framed engravings, or reupholstered antique sofas.




I love the way she has used old window panels to create dividing walls in the rooms.





Don't you love this bed linen - it's all French, stunning!





Since she opened, Ingrid's has been a good address for lunch, now I know
that she's also a good address when we run out of space here!









All photos taken by me at Fée Maison, Evreux


No comments:

Post a Comment