Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tina and Marsha's party - by invitation only!





Oh dear, I'm in a bit of a tiff!  I've been invited to a big swish do at the amazingly enchanted home of Tina.  Everything looks so grand and impressive I've looked through my wardrobe a hundred times trying to decide what to wear.

Marsha told me about the party, although she didn't really reassure the country girl that I am; her words were: 

"We've each received the same invitation to a fabulous Christmas party in someone's beautiful home. The date is December 23rd. Let's imagine it's in Tina's new home, just for a visual treat. But, it's her 1st party in her new home and she's pulling out all stops. There will be live music, carolers, a lavish buffet, champagne passed around by waiters in tuxedos. You know, a very swell party."

 A glance at the contents of my wardrobe told me that my habitual attire may be good enough for Normandy, but would most definitely not produce the right effect chez Tina.  So ...... I called my personal stylist!  That surprised you didn't it?!  I bet you thought I didn't even know what a stylist was, but hey, I have lived elsewhere than this valley you know, I am aware of the need to be chic and glitzy when required!
My stylist has bright blue eyes, beautiful  hair and  legs a mile long ; she knows everything there is to know about fashion, she's 16 years old, she's called Nina,   and ... she's my daughter!  Take it away Nina!

Getting Mummy [that's me folks] ready to go to Tina's beautiful party, is all about compromise and making her see sense:  




of course she thinks she wants to wear shoes like these,





but seeing the size of Tina's home, in heels like that she'd never manage the run from the porte cochère to the salon, let alone the tour that she hopes Tina is going to give her guests ....

 so instead, she needs beautiful éscarpins like this from Chanel






Mummy believes that she'd be happy in a dress like this







but I know her, she'd be hopeless in something that floaty, she'd manage to trip over the hem, or dip the ruffle into someone's champagne,  in reality she'd be way happier in this little dress (they are both by Christophe Josse)





Jewellry is easy, she only like to wear simple pieces, and her favourite is the bamboo collection by Gucci, she'll be best wearing their ring




and bracelet



the bag could be a problem; she's so used to using her big black Lancel, with the space for everything including her camera. 





Actually I think that for this soirée, she'd be better without a bag, she'll feel more comfortable without anything in her hands except of course for the cadeau, but now I have sorted her clothes, I'll let her tell you what she wants to bring Tina as a house warming gift.



Thank you darling, so glad you are there to keep me on the straight and narrow.  It wasn't easy to find a suitable gift for Tina, after all what do you get for the girl who seems to have everything?!  
I think that in her new home she'll have a lot of wall space to dress, so I thought I'd like to take her a painting, nothing too big, but something feminine that could fit in easily, maybe in her new dressing room. 

I wanted a theme that would remind her of the fun she has with her blog and the support and friendship of the many women who stop by to read her.  I chose this painting by the impressionist Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida, I thought it looks comfortable and elegant, I hope she does too! 





Thank you to Marsha for having created this fun monthly happening, By invitation Only.   Shoot over to her blog straight away to see how the other ladies will be dressed for this virtual Christmas party.


No comments:

Post a Comment