Thursday, March 31, 2011

l'éspoir means hope


At times I feel my 16 year old daughter is rather heavy hearted.  Sure she has a loving family, a comfortable home and a great gang of friends but I think she gets worried by the bigger picture.

At school she is given a mountain of work  but told that the job market will be hard to get on to,  no matter how qualified she is.

At home we do our best to respect the environment around us, but can  do nothing about Fukushima sending radio-active clouds our way or about the oceans being filled with rubbish.




You can see where I'm going here ..... economic recession, population explosion, I don't need to give you the details.

So what can we do to help our children be happy, optimistic and dynamic?   What do you tell your children?   The best  I can come up with is to live in a loving and respectful manner, do your best, look for beauty and encourage hope.  .....   I'm not sure that it's enough



photo thanks to Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment