Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why Mimi lives in France - French Settler Week - part 5

So we come to our last lovely guest  in my French Settler week, Mimi from Bonjour Romance.

If you don't know her yet, pop over.  She will talk to you of Paris, and of Romance.  She's also launching an e-magazine called Belle Inspiration an ambitious project, which I'm sure will be a huge success.


So tell us Mimi, what brought you here?
Thank you Sharon for including me along with these 
amazing women and fellow French Settlers!   



A French Settler's Journey

   What started out as a spur of the moment holiday in Paris turned into a life-changing meeting with destiny.   Okay…that sounds rather dramatic, but true.  I was still reeling from the recent loss of two dear loved ones.  I decided to get away for a week or two – that is when the fairy tale began.



   I visited Paris on a regular basis, but the sudden decision to travel alone at this time was very unusual for me.   Little did I know destiny was at work. 

It was Springtime in Paris.   There was still a slight chill in the air, but I barely noticed all the beautiful blooms.


    Five days into the trip I met 'him'.   Out of the blue and totally unexpected.   In fact, meeting anyone was the furthest thing from my mind. 

    What began as an innocent stroll down the Avenue Champs Elysée - (how cliché that sounds) – changed everything!



The sudden need to be together was overpowering, and the old adage “ love will find a way” proved to be true in our case.   After going back and forth across the Atlantic for several months, we knew we had to make a decision.   We planned, plotted and manoeuvred.  The Atlantic between us was no longer an option, nor had it been from the first moment we met. 

    French honey gallantly offered to join me in the States, but it was agreed that I would make the move to France.  Miraculously property sold, details clicked into place, …16 months later I arrived at the airport to begin my new life with the man I loved. 

This is the short version, miniscule version, of how I came to be a French Settler

 If you wish you can find more details about the "meeting" here!
Put a Little Ooh La La in Your Life!


Thank you Mimi, and thank you everyone for following this mini-series.  Tomorrow we'll be back to business as usual, with a new post for you to enjoy I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment