Monday, August 30, 2010

le salon classique

It is a miracle that I can even lift my hands to the keyboard this evening to write this post.   A hilarious day spent on the river, brought proof of my inability to paddle a canoe in a straight line and of the existence of  muscles in this body of mine, never normally solicited.  I could have waited until tomorrow to put up a new post, but I'm not sure I'll be able to heave myself out of bed.!!

What do you think of these pictures?  To me the bone structure of this room is the classic French salon or living room.  High ceilings with fancy plasterwork, wall panelling, huge mirrors and herringbone wooden floors.











The furnishings are also classic French, neither bare nor over furnished.  Maybe not as immediately comfortable as an English living room.  Contemporary without being really fashionable.  Low key colours, sober and practical.  I don't know this apartment personally but I would guess it's home to a comfortable Parisian family.




So if you could live here, would you feel the need to soften it up a bit, to add some furniture, or does this look speak to you of timeless elegance?   I'm convinced that despite the fact that interiors grow more and more similar worldwide, we are still guided by our individual background and culture when creating an interior that we are comfortable with.




So tell me, I'm really interested, does this speak to you?



photos thanks to Mires Images

No comments:

Post a Comment