Saturday, August 7, 2010

blogging, sharing and crossing continents

As you may know we are lucky to have a guest cottage that  has often been a source of joy.  Friends and family come to stay, teenage children can organise sleepovers, and sometimes its open door welcomes new friends from across the world.



So it was recently.  A lovely lady who has been a silent follower of  this blog came to visit with her family.  I was nervous.  She was to be my first visitor via the blog and I was worried that things wouldn't live up to expectations.  Not that I tell lies here, simply that the dull side of one's daily routine doesn't make great blogging material.

From the moment  E and her crowd drove up our drive, I knew everything was going to go well.  There was an immediate friendliness and understanding.




I won't give you a blow by blow account of everything this dynamic family packed into their stay - although believe me it was impressive !   I will just say how much how much my youngest one enjoyed the company of jeune monsieur B! and how much I enjoyed sharing cups of tea with E, early in the morning before our families were awake.   We even got up early and walked in the forest before breakfast!


This was a whole new and most enjoyable side to blogging encounters.  For two families, living on opposite sides of the world, with very different life experiences, to feel so comfortable together is, I think, a gift!


So E, R, B, N and C  if you're reading this, a big thank to you all for being such delightful guests.
You're welcome back here anytime.




No comments:

Post a Comment