Thursday, August 5, 2010

easy cushions

Another big thank you to Graphics Fairy and her apparently endless source of great design material,  as I put together these fun cushions for lounging about outside.





The first one was made with my favourite and  French vintage tea towels  I used a Graphics Fairy transfer pattern that I already used on my apron , three buttons and four tassels.  I made it big, the right size for a rectangular bed pillow.




Everyone here liked the big size cushion so much that I made up another using burlap and vintage linen.  The black and natural tone seem to look good together.  It closes in the same way as the first, with three buttons behind, and it has four black tassels, one at each corner.







Here I used black ribbon to fasten the buttons instead of button holes - chic non?!










By this time I was enjoying the whole burlap + passementerie thing so much that I surged right ahead and made a burlap cushion cover, using part of a grain sack and finished off with red and green bobble passementerie.  Long and thin, good at the base of your back.






Voila!  All three of these cushions are sitting on the front shelf in my etsy shop!




I am linking this post to Brag Monday chez Graphics Fairy



and to Marketplace Monday at Finding Fabulous



No comments:

Post a Comment