Sunday, August 1, 2010

une ville tranquille

I took so many photos when we visited J in his beautiful home two weeks ago.  It seems a shame not to share a few more of them with you.  This corner of the South of France has that special light and gentleness to everyday life.   I couldn't resist snapping a couple of shots of the nearby little town.



Here people take the time to talk to each other.















The scruffiest wall can seem beautiful.
and colour schemes seem to happen all by themselves.






Outside a simple house a couple of young boys wheeled this old improvised trolley onto the street and painstakingly wrote a catchy slogan for their bunches of lavender. 

"Picked fresh this morning".




Then they brought out a tray of figs, I think I bought half their stock - of both!




The simplest pleasures are often those I enjoy  the most.




This post is linked to the French Obsession Party at the Chateau des Fleurs

No comments:

Post a Comment