Saturday, November 13, 2010

Your opinion please - holiday invites

I just have too much stuff on at the moment, and I can't clear my mind to think objectively about a project that is fast becoming urgent.

One of the highlights of the Holiday season for us is our Christmas Brunch Party.  All day long, open house to all our friends, good food, wine, music great fun.  But, I have set a tradition of sending out fun invites and this year I'm having trouble getting my mind to focus, so I though you might be able to help me.

This was last year's invite



which started out on my drawing pad like this ...




Once I fix on a design I'll reproduce it by hand and paint it on cut out pieces of card , then write the invite in silver ink behind  - doesn't take as long as it sounds, and it's fun to do.

So this year, I'd like to do another 'bauble' but can't decide on a motif ...  do I go for Christmas trees?






or oblique faded stars?



or shall I remind them of the season in words, be it colourful or monochrome ...Help!  Any ideas welcome !!




Thank you for your help, if you want I'll show you the finished result

PS - the next day ...WOW!!  Thank you for all these wonderful comments, I'm loving each and everyone.  I've started a tallyboard so we'll see which design's ahead by the end of the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment