Sunday, November 21, 2010

invites, tutorial and thank you!



Well your response to my question about my Christmas Brunch invites was fantastic - thank you.!!  Lots of good ideas, and great support.  Most people wanted the tree,  and loads of you wanted bright colour ... well I've gone with the tree but I'm afraid that all my attempts at colour just looked gaudy.

I have no pretensions about any artistic ability, these are really just doodles in paint but I thought you might like to see what I have ended up with, and how I got there.

I decided to go with a grey/lilac card


I brushed this with an almost dry brush of white acrylic paint, then the square 
centre in a deep mixture of black, mauve and pink

 
Using a silver felt pen, I drew my little tree and a rough frame outline


then I went over that with a metallic ink pen, doing both layers is 
worth while for the added depth and texture


With a paintbrush I smeared glitter paste over the bauble


tied my silver lilac cord and added some pink polka dots


then using my metallic ink pen, I wrote the invite on the back 
before popping each one into its envelope.



Voila!  Thank you for joining in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment