Monday, November 22, 2010

a good book, a grey afternoon and a roaring fire


Yesterday evening we had friends to the house for dinner.  Relaxed simple family time.  They brought me a book as a gift and today, being a rainy, cold, grey, november sort of day, I lit a fire , sat on cushions on the floor right here and  read the book.




Have you read this one?  You should. 


I'll let you do your own research about its contents but what I really wanted to share is how much I adore a story that is told through letters.  No narrative text, everything that happens and all the characters are understood through the contents of the letters flying back and forth. Here are a couple of examples that I love, but I'm sure you have more.




So to my question ....  I am sort of working on a book idea, can't tell you much more than that for the moment, but I need to explore other examples of narratives written uniquely via letters.  I know that you read a great deal and I'd be really grateful to receive any suggestions.  I promise to reply to all your comments, many many thanks for your help.


Bonne semaine!



No comments:

Post a Comment