Tuesday, November 9, 2010

the story behind

I gave you a glimpse of  this picture a couple of weeks ago,  and now I'm linking it up to my shop.  Of all my brocante finds this little ensemble  may be the one that has made me dream the most.

A pair of kid gloves, an organdie and lace neck scarf, a beautifully embroidered handkerchief. What sort of a girl would have handled these.   Une jeune fille de bonne société?  A young working lady, on her own for the first time?

Who embroidered the handkerchief?  The family seamstress?  the girl's mother?  It must have been someone with a romantic spirit to have embroidered each letter of the name  Adrienne in a different flower motif.  It thrills me to handle something that was cherished by another almost 200 years ago.







Only a few days left for my giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment