Thursday, November 4, 2010

une table de fêtes



As we approach the end of the year, I'm having fun thinking about beautiful table settings for dinner.  Over the next few weeks I'll be doing a few posts on this and also showing you some antique and vintage goodies that I put into my new shop with your holiday tables in mind.

When I dress a table for dinner in the winter, I love to use loads of candles, pretty cutlery and plates.  We have a roaring fire going in our dining room at supper time, overhead candles on a chandelier and soft lights in lamps around the room.

I particularly like these vintage napkin rings and cutlery blended with the translucent effect of silver, glass and subtle lighting.










These pretty, turn of the century, serving spoons and forks would be perfect to serve small pastries and hors d'oeuvres, I put them into the shop yesterday, right here!






These elegant vintage horn handled knives have just gone on sale in my 
new shop, you can find them here


the napkins are in with the vintage linen, and the napkin rings are to be found in the vintage tableware.




 For those who haven't joined in yet, don't forget that there's still time to join in the giveaway 
 My French Country Brocante




No comments:

Post a Comment