Friday, October 14, 2011

where else but Paris? .... lunch with a girlfriend



So tell me, where else but Paris could I meet up with a wonderful blogger friend for lunch at 1pm and leave the table at ... 6.  Yup!  The very chic Tish Jett and I had a little catching up (and discovering!) to do yesterday.

The truth of the matter is that, while Tish and I have been chatting on the phone and by mail for a long while, we hadn't actually met face to face.  It was very exciting!  She's been making me laugh and making me think for such a long time that I was really looking forward to our 'date'!  I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED, Tish is just as glamorous and savvy and entertaining over a lunch table as she is in her blog - wonderful!!


Funnily, when planning the date,  it turns out we shared a favourite address for a comfortable, discreet tête à tête: Le Baretto, restaurant to a 4 star hotel, a stone's throw from the Arc de Triomphe; deep armchairs; delicious food; impeccable waiters,  the totally perfect place for two girlfriends to meet.



In the unlikely event of you not already knowing Tish and her wonderful blog A Femme d'un Certain Age, you should get over there right away!!  She's running an event on the faces of women through life, she started out with celebs and now the whole blogging world is joining in and contributing their own portraits!  Believe me, you want to be part of this!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
maybe catching up with a girlfriend?


No comments:

Post a Comment