Thursday, October 6, 2011

old French postal bags

I go through phases in my brocante shopping ...




I had my watering can phase
- these are just some that I kept, there's a load more I gave away already!



I had my white china and white sauce boat phase




I still can't resist a silk shawl



my bedlinen phase is showing no sign of finishing
(don't you love how real linen sheets look good, even before the bed is made!)



and then recently I had my old post bag phase.



Old post bags are great, they're made of a heavy linen mix, darned, patched, stencilled letters, they have character, but even I have to admit that there's only so much a girl can do with a cupboard full of postal bags.



So  I've been having some fun making cushions
and then I had some fun styling them in the garden.







What do you think?  Have you had any phases recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment