Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the designer forest




This morning Gibson took me to one side and gave me a talking to.  It came as a surprise I admit, not really being used to being ordered around by a 5 month old golden retriever, but full of my habitual good grace, I listened and finally ... gave in.

He explained that it was sunny outside, that this was autumn, that instead of peering into my cupboards of textiles or inside that weird box he's heard me call a computer, then maybe I should look to the forest for inspiration.

He promised me colour, he promised me geometrical designs, he whispered sweet words like paisleys and swirls.  What could a girl say?








When we got home he told me to look at my old V and A textile collections, and check out the similarities between their  19th century designs and my freshly developed photos.







Well I have to hand it to him, although it pains me to admit it in public, he was right, I was wrong.

So to thank him I didn't even tell him off when he swam in The Slimy Green Pond  ...

...happy days.




No comments:

Post a Comment