Friday, May 27, 2011

new bed makeover and cushions for the fair




Preparing for the fair, I knew I needed a bed to show the linens, but wouldn't have the space to take a huge double bed.  I found a pair of vintage single beds and reworked them.  Here's the before and after, an easy project that anyone could handle.  And old beds like this can be found world wide, usually going for a song.





 I wanted to use the slight recess on the head and foot of the bed to put an upholstered panel.  So after painting the beds, I cut pieces of wood to size, and covered them with padding and an old piece of vintage ticking.  My staple gun came into its own again here.







On the head panel I wanted three buttons.  I had pre-pierced holes in the right place before covering.  Now I just had to sew through the wood and attach the buttons.  For extra strength I  placed a thin flat button on the back as well.






My only solution for putting the panels into place was glue, quick and easy!




I really planned to show you  the two beds set up in the garden covered with some of the cushions I've been making for the fair, but we are having alot of showers today, and I didn't have a long enough dry moment to put it all together.  I'm sure you get the picture.







I'm sure loads of you have already done this sort of project, I'd love to hear about it.


PS  I seem to have lost the 'follow' buttons on my blogs -
anyone have any bright ideas about retrieving them?!
I'd be grateful to hear if this has happened to you to
Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment