Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a busy weekend






The house is quiet, the children are at school, my guests are back in Paris, even the birds in the garden seem less busy, and  I can take stock of the happy weekend I just spent in the company of Christina from Greige and her family.  Let me tell you, these girls CAN SHOP !!!

We chatted, we shopped, we visited the Chateau de Miserey, we shopped, we chatted, we ate, we drank champagne, we chatted and we shopped ..... 




I collected them from Giverny on Saturday, and we went straight off to some local brocante stores where they already started finding treasures to take home.  These shots were taken at the beautiful brocante store, Bords de Scène







Before supper we drove up to the Chateau de Miserey, where we had the park and gardens all to ourselves, until and marvelled at Madame de Roumilly's energy

Sunday morning saw us on the road early.  We had 3 brocante fairs to visit,   the whole morning went by in a flash.  In the end we weren't able to get to the third fair, we had literally run out of time and of space in the car!!  I don't know what Air France is going to say when Christina and their mum and her sister turn up to register their baggage!  I'd love to see their faces at check-in!




Once home we unloaded everything onto the lawn and enjoyed working out who had bought what, then we just had time to have lunch together before taking them AND THEIR BAGS back to the train station.


the great unloading!



books, silverware, military costumes, glasses, chairs, paintings, 
old linen, even the French flag !!







Thank you Christina and her family, and thank you also
to Pam, Janie, Robert and Liz (my guests on my first
brocante tour weekend),  and also to MaryAnn and Jerry.


You have all been charming guests, I loved welcoming you here and 
showing you around my valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment