Sunday, February 13, 2011

love you, love you not... industrial design

I've heard that industrial design is still all the rage for some people.  I looked at this interior and wondered.  I can see that the overall effect is fashionable and well put together, but to me it doesn't say 'home', or even 'come in make yourself comfortable'.

So here are the pictures of this "industrial design" and very fashionable french home, with my love-you's and love-you-not's.  See how much you agree with!


corner of the bedroom I presume,  
love the curtain probably made from the sort of vintage  sheet I adore
don't love the bare light bulb, the overcrowded chest of drawers, the way the drawers seem to stand proud of the window - doesn't look comfortable



entrance to the kitchen
love the colours
don't love the same problem overcrowded table top
 

bathroom
love (sort of) the unusual manner of tiling the wall
don't love the cluttered appearance


dining room
love the steel window frames and mix of chairs, view onto the garden
don't love the contrived artwork and easel


living room
love ... not very much, possible the cake stands on the table, but there are still too many
don't love the huge photo of AG on the wall, too much industrial metal furniture


living room
love the colours, the comfy sofas
don't love the empty walls




kitchen
love   ... nothing
don't love the clutter


So what do you think?  Am I just becoming an over-critical old grouch, or do you also need a little more comfort in your home?


No comments:

Post a Comment