Sunday, February 20, 2011

beds and monogrammes



Brocante atmosphere here, what with the bed and a load of monogrammed sheets I got my little greedy hands on today.

The bed first, (I showed it to you this week)  there is progress, but slower than I had hoped for.  I'm using a flame thrower thermal paint stripper and good old fashioned sand paper to take off the paint.  The bed is not that old and the wood underneath is a very ordinary beech.  So either I sand it down completely and re-paint, or I half finish the sanding to achieve a sort of chippy shabby effect.  For the moment I'm sticking to the second idea, half sanded then waxed.

Here is a detail before and after 




and these are two side bars, one sanded, one the original version



Now I just have the rest to do!



I'll soon be ready to re-upholster and, having found a load more monogrammed sheets, I am seriously tempted to use their beautiful creamy colour to upholster the bedhead and foot.  I'd probably place the monogramme centred on the foot of the bed.

Look at the choice I have!!







and most exciting of all a perfect pair with a stunning huge  RM on each, these are in perfect condition, I love them, and I also have a third RM in a slightly more simple style.





Over to you now, I love it when I get feedback on my renovation ideas.  
What would you do for paint finish and upholstery?


No comments:

Post a Comment