Tuesday, February 1, 2011

handpainted walls and mangle irons - welcome to my life!


When I showed a picture from my bedroom yesterday,  I didn't know that so many people were going to ask me about my bedroom wall or my  ...  mangle iron!!





First the wall - when we redecorated our bedroom almost 2 years back (sorry no before pictures, I didn't have a blog in those days!)  I used paint colour from Flamant that I love, but decided I wanted a little texture on the biggest wall behind the bed.



We hummed and haaa-d about buying a huge painting, but had just blown the budget on the bedroom and bathroom renewal, so I grabbed some paintbrushes.  As my husband optimistically pointed out, " if it doesn't work we can always paint over it!"


I drew a roughly scale outline of  the wall on paper and established where to lay my curls and swirls, practised a few colour combinations on an old board, poured myself a glass of wine, put on some music and went for it.


The same wall colour is carried through to our bathroom.
This really isn't that difficult to do, providing you keep it simple, have a clear idea about
the pattern and overall layout, and it's definitely good fun ....
which brings us neatly to the subject of mangle irons!



Not so many photos for this one, but without my ironing machine I'd be in trouble.
All our sheets, tablecloths, t-shirts and a whole lot more zip through
this iron in no time at all.
Love it!
PS  If you are looking for a proper tutorial on mangle irons, then search no longer!
Gina has it all ... here!







No comments:

Post a Comment