Sunday, January 16, 2011

what age, the right age?



As I opened up my mail box first thing this morning, and smiled at the sweet interesting mails waiting for me, it struck me - again - how much blogging has brought me.   

I've often thought I would have loved to have been blogging when the children were little ... when I used to run my big Christmas charity sales ... when my husband and I had our travelling years ....  but actually  I'm not sure.

I'm 50-ish now and it seems to me that now is the moment in my life when I'm ready for this - to share, to think out loud, to draw on my experience.

When I launched my brocante tours this week, a couple of people remarked that it's great I have the energy to do this sort of thing.  This surprised me ... once the children are nearly grown, are we expected to sit back and enjoy and ......  what?   I'm not very good at sitting still and I don't like shopping, I can't possible read all day or garden, or make curtains non-stop!!

So am I the weirdo here?  Does a 'proper' gal decide at a certain time of her life that she's to take one step back and slow down, or should we shake off the taboos and carry on doing exactly what we want to do, where and when we want to do it. 

Lastly, for all those wonderful bloggers who are not yet 50-ish, I am certainly not  implying that blogging is for the "older woman" !!  All power to you, I know I would have loved internet 20 years ago ... just wouldn't have had the time to write a blog!

Enjoy those blogs!
Have a great weekend!


photo: portrait by Ivan Kramskoi


No comments:

Post a Comment