Monday, January 3, 2011

walking in winter





Oh boy!  This morning the full weight of the turkey, foie gras, champagne and chocolates I've ingested this past fortnight finally hit me - around the waistline actually!  So I am out walking and will be everyday come rain or shine in the weeks to come.   This afternoon was grey but at the end of the day the girls saddled up two very surprised horses - it's been so cold here for so long I think they had forgotten what a saddle looked like! -  and I followed them at a brisk marching pace up into the forest.



We came back down at dusk.

I now feel like a saint, a halo of self contentment glowing softly above my head  for having kept up my NY intention  (I don't really do resolutions) for one whole day at least.  



How are you doing with your good intentions?


No comments:

Post a Comment