Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How easy is it for you to write?



I have been thinking alot about writing recently and loved it when I came across this delightful phrase at NaDa Farm this morning


"a writing desk is essential in our master bedroom...a place I can take refuge and write letters and novels looking out to the countryside...."

I love the nonchalance of Anne Marie's words, especially knowing that she'll be giving birth in a couple of months time and is currently knee deep in decorating!

I have quite a few writing tasks to see through at the moment, some easier than others.  I find that writing for my blog is one thing - I just sit here chatting to you, like  I was chatting to a couple of friends in front of the fire.  Writing a longer text, or a text for someone else about something specific can be much harder work.  I sometimes feel that it's almost a physical effort to spill the words onto the page or screen.  I even feel physically tired after writing for several hours.

I'm sure that more experienced writers than myself know tricks of the trade, rules to work by.   I just make it up as I go along

I was wondering about you, how easy is it for you to write? 
Do many of you write elsewhere than your blog ?
Have you written or do you dream of writing a novel?


I'll start the ball rolling, I have a couple of short bilingual stories for children published; a collection of short stories for children written and in a drawer; and I'm intermittently researching a historical novel, based on my great-grandmother's diaries. 

Let us know, use my comment box as your advertising space for your literary works, tell the world what an eloquent and talented bunch of bloggers you are!

Looking forward to your answers!


Several hours later .....It's midnight and I'm off to bed now, but thank you all for these
fascinating answers, and come on everyone else.  The more details about how, where, 
when and why you write the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment