Thursday, April 21, 2011

LE mariage

OK OK I give in, I think I have to do a post on LE wedding.  I might have let it slip by, barely audible, but since I have actually received an  invitation (!),    I have decided to let my inner patriotic british roots shout out, .....here we go;  a not always reverent  homage to what should be a glorious day.




The totally splendid and rather  flowery - so british -  wedding cake will
be made by a very happy lady  called Fiona




We hope that the very blue engagement ring that Kate wears since
November may not be a bad omen,  it was passed down
from the grooms mother,  no more said .........




While Kate's humble ancestry has been bared to the world,  
I think that any girl who can face the thought of walking down this runway 
with millions watching her world wide, deserves immediate respect, 




And my invite?  I'm sure you're wondering ..... Well I don't have to travel as far as the Abbey, since I have been invited to watch it live on satellite TV,  at the home of a British friend here in Normandy. We shall sip champagne, nibble on cucumber sandwiches , drink tea and probably shed a royal tear.  I may even wear a hat !




Just when we thought the days of patriotism truly gone, 
it seems  we still enjoy the sight of this eternally fashionable flag

No comments:

Post a Comment