Wednesday, April 27, 2011

french grain sacks on french chairs


 I don't know who was the first person to think of using grain sacks to upholster a chair, but I salute  them!    I love the look, I love the idea of perpetuating something beautiful.



I  have quite a few grain sacks at the moment, including these matching four.   I've kept some for myself, but the others are into the store.








While looking for new ways to use them, I found these shots.  
Love these ideas, just wish there were more than 24 hours in a day to do all this stuff !







Have you already use grain sacks to  upholster?  I'd love to see what you created.  If anyone wants to send me a picture by mail, I'll add their  baby to this post.


In the meantime, if you need a sack ( or four ! ) to  finish a project at home, take a look at the store and see if I can help you out.



.....................

Thank you to Colette at La Brocanteuse, for sending these pictures of 
two Belgian chairs she had  upholstered in grain sacks


No comments:

Post a Comment