Friday, March 5, 2010

Visiting our valley

Since not many of my blogger friends seem to live around here, I'm going to show you a little of our valley.


We are about one hour West of Paris, firmly in the country yet within easy reach of civilisation!!

This is a farming region , and the houses range from simple to grandiose.  We have some chateaux dotted around the valley, today I'll show you le Chateau d'Acquigny, about 10 minutes drive from our house.


The chateau was built in the sixteenth and eigteenth century.



It was christened Le Chateau de L'Amour, and these beautiful clasped hands on the iron gate symbolise conjugal bliss and  fidelity.
Don't tell me the French aren't romantic




Like any chateau worth its gilt,  Acquigny has a private chapel


and beautiful service outbuildings that I would happily inhabit.





Visitors are invited to enjoy the gardens

 

including this beautiful waterfall.  Should their promenade leave 
them feeling nostalgic, they can whisper their secrets to
an angel





Soon I'll show you another nearby property, do you prefer chateaux, 
manor houses or something more simple?


 photos -  chateau d'acquigny

No comments:

Post a Comment