Sunday, March 14, 2010

But where do I put the soap?

If there is one room we like to go to for comforting, cocooning and luxury it's the bathroom.  The roll top bath has always been popular, and right now there are some great ones around.  But one thing has always mystified me -  OK so my life turns around small ideas - when you're sitting in one of these designer made free-standing affairs,  shoulder deep in bath foam, enjoying a good long soak,  where exactly are you meant to put the soap, good book, glass of wine, shopping list, reading glasses, telephone ....?

Before refitting our  bathroom I looked at loads of beautiful photos such as these.



Here they've gone for the bath rack, I've tried it - things fall off!



This imposing tub has its matching industrial look stool, a bit low to my mind



This table would appear to be holding the towels ready as you emerge, dripping, but while in the tub all you can do is contemplate the, admittedly beautiful, flowers and curtain



Back to the bath rack, believe me a wine glass cannot balance here.



this table is great but definitely too far for my arms to reach



and this little table is well positioned, good height but unfortunately already busy with flowers and statue!


The way our bath room turned out,  with new wall depth needed for piping, we ended up with a
ledge built into the wall behind the bath.


Here I can balance soap, candles, and a whole load of stuff that is of interest only to me.
What do you need beside your bath?

No comments:

Post a Comment