Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First impressions - the hallway

They say first impressions count, and if that's true of the way someone is dressed the first time you meet, it is also true of the hallway of a house.  I love discovering a new house, and I'm always aware of  the first impression  on walking through the door and into the hall.

Too pared down and you find yourself thinking "does anyone actually live here?",  too busy and you don't know where to put your coat down.

I love it when there's a table or piece of furniture with a few objects on.  Clues about the inhabitants.

This is our hall, looking down from the stairs - on a tidy day -



and this is what we have on our hall table - the bell is for summoning
starving children to the table without having to scream!






Some other halls I like alot



and one of my favourite hall's belonging to a friend here in the valley.  I always pause
as I walk through her door, and take in the femininity and country feel to her entrance. 







photos   3,4, Homes & Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment