Wednesday, May 12, 2010

dare to be you


 


This evening, while tidying the house, catching up on the ironing, finishing those curtains  blogging, I came across a very beautiful blog that was new to me, although seeing the number of followers, I must be the only one not already familiar with her.  Heather Bullard has a beautiful blog whose current post on antique linens first drew me in.  As I roamed around admiring her shop, gasping at her chicken coop, wishing my photos were as good as hers, I came across a video that started bells ringing in my head.  

The tape is for the promotion of a book by Kelly Corrigan.  Forgive me if this lady is really well known where you are, I had never heard of her.  I listened to her message, saw the concentration on the faces of her audience, and thought YES.  

She's simply encouraging women to go out and do.  We bloggers are all pretty bright and dynamic, we shouldn't need to hear this, but often we do.

I remembered how on last New Year's Eve I raised my glass and announced to anyone who was interested that this was the year I would re-invent myself!  In many ways I have,  - apart from my family  - alot is new in my life - it's fun and exciting.  Yet there are still moments when I lack confidence and hardly dare.

Enjoy this little video and if you have a moment, let me know whether you always dare to be you.


No comments:

Post a Comment