Monday, May 17, 2010

fashionable flags

A friend living  here recently complained to me that having decked out his tiny French village with Union Jacks to welcome  guests on a twin-town exchange, all the flags were stolen. " Mais David"  I exclaimed, "le Union Jack est un fashion icon"  .  As you can see I've been working hard on my franglais recently, thinking it gives me a certain style, even if no one actually understands what I'm talking about!




L'ami David, groaned, realising of course that I was right.  Some flags are just covetable, there are some that you simply must have.  Forget about colour schemes, chuck out the taupe, sometimes we just feel the need to flaunt a little patriotism, be it for our own country or someone else's.




So today I challenge you;   go for it and flaunt that flag!




photo 1 designers-brew; 2 isa's little world; 3 armsrongward

No comments:

Post a Comment