Monday, November 14, 2011

mon bouquet du jour - it's the autumn



Caught short this weekend by a last minute invite to dinner, nothing left in my 'reserve' to take as a hostess gift, I had to scour the garden to see if there was anything left that could make a bouquet.




I was pleasantly surprised to find that the sedum was still just red, not brown yet from the frost, and that hidden away protected beneath the lower branches of the hydrangea, there were a few last blooms half green half red.   I toyed with some rose hips, but they looked too orange, then turned to the ivy whose berries are beginning to turn from green to black. 






 Finally I added some sprigs of sage, which my friend may not totally appreciate, because it smells rather strong !! - I told her she could discard the sage if it got overpowering!








Not being a very organised person, I do not have a roll of florist's cellophane to hand, so my bouquet just had to be made up as a posy and held together with a ribbon.



What do you count on for last minute gifts? 

A pot of jam, a cake, a favourite book?

No comments:

Post a Comment