Friday, November 4, 2011

end of fairs for this year

Next Sunday will see the last of the  brocante fair season in our part of the world!  It has been such fun, not once have I regretted getting out of bed early on Sunday, sometimes driving a long way. And this week I'll have the bonus of dragging along a girlfriend - but I'll tell you about that later.

Inevitably after a season treasure hunting I have some favourite buys in my memory, but also unfortunately the memory of the ones that got away.

For this Sunday to be totally perfect, and to make up for those goodies I didn't manage to purchase during the year, I'd have to find:


a chandelier for said girlfriend, I have to put this first, because that is after all the reason for her coming all the way out here, and if I don't at least look as I'm searching, she'll get into a sulk, and then where will we be?



A napolein III sewing mannequin, I still have to breathe deeply every time I think about the one I missed here in May !!! GRRRRR!!  It   She was perfect, tight waisted, all in black, pert silhouette .... sigh ... SIGH!!




some glass cloches for mon jardin;





another huge lantern to hang outside our workshop;



definitely want some more sarreguemines, preferably soup tureens;


and of course to make my bonheur complete, and because my linen shelves aren't groaning loudly enough yet, I'll be looking out for

beautiful,
heavy, 
smooth,
off white, 
embroidered, 
monogrammed, 
bed linen




wishing you all an action packed weekend too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment