Sunday, June 6, 2010

in my garden

I know that the girls in California have been putting up pictures of their garden in flower for weeks now, but here in Normandy things are just beginning to get colourful.

Though you might like a few snaps


 


The border in front of the terrace was planted with greys, silvers, whites and blues in mind, to reflect the wisteria on the house behind.


 



 


My first poppies, standing straight like soldiers on parade!


 


Tomatoes just beginning to get the hang of things.




Very first roses, there'll be lots more to come



This big lime tree is the first thing you see as you drive through our gates,  I love its luxuriant foliage, the bees love its tiny sweet smelling flower.









I love this climbing hydrangea










I'll show you some more in a week or so when the delphiniums are rising high.




No comments:

Post a Comment