Wednesday, June 2, 2010

friends with projects

The great ideas and energy  of some of my girl friends amaze me.  There's something about watching a woman get to grips with an idea that is totally different to a man,  I love the way a girl works through the practical side of a project. 




One of these clever friends is Ingrid.  Great sense of style, tons of energy and determination.  This week sees the opening of her exciting new place.  I say place not because it's the hip thing to say, but because there's so much going on chez Ingrid that I can't find the right word to describe it - in English or in French!




Ingrid has acquired a pretty three storey house in the centre of town.  She's moved into the middle floor with her family.  On the ground floor  she's created the most delicious space where we can have lunch, browse her brocante for a gift or buy fresh flowers.  She has plans for chambre d'hôtes or guest rooms on the top floor this autumn.








It's taken her a while to get this wonderful project up and running, and over the past months I've often bumped into her at brocantes, or at the local auctioneers, buying beautiful pieces to put into her shop.






I love the colours she's used to decorate the rooms, I love the mix of old and new, I love her cuisine, her light meals are delicious.  I love the way you can walk right through the house and onto the decked courtyard where the brocante and flowers are to be found.







There are so many things to ooh! and aah! over. 




I can tell that chez Ingrid is going to be THE place to meet friends for lunch, for afternoon tea.  All the best gifts brought to dinner parties are going to be sourced here for quite a while, of that I'm sure!









So how about it,  I'm free for lunch tomorrow, shall I book us a table?!




Ingrid has opened at Fée Maison, 21 rue  Docteur Oursel,  Evreux,  France 


No comments:

Post a Comment