Thursday, June 10, 2010

flowers around my home

I love to have fresh flowers around my home.  At this time of year, there's never any need to go to the florist, just a pair of secateurs and a quick tour of the garden, grab a vase and I'm in business!   Recently, however,  I found myself in a bit of a rut.  A rose-filled sweet smelling rut I grant you, but a rut nevertheless.




I've been hunting around on the net for some ideas for arranging my flowers differently, more -  dare I say it  - fashionably !!  I came across the site of Sia,  a Spanish homeware company, whose products  I'm already familiar with their products, they are sold here in France.   I love these pictures of tight bouquets, packed tightly into sweet compact vases.    They often use just one variety of flower, roses for example, and it gives a beautiful and elegant understated effect.







Now I just have to practice!.




No comments:

Post a Comment