Friday, July 2, 2010

my compost heap!!




I am linking up to Old Grey Mare's wonderful and ambitious Genesis project to talk to you about my bit for the planet   .........my compost heap.  Don't go switching pages straight away this is going to be better than you think.

 Compost is surprisingly cool, it's eco-friendly, it's good exercise for me and it does wonders for my garden.



We work our compost in two massive enclosures behind a wall, out of sight.  One section is ready to use and the other is being filled.  Once the 'ready-to-use' is finished we fork the other section into it, adding horse manure as we go,  .... although you don't necessarily want to know about that.

The sign of really good compost is the huge number of worms living in it, .... although you probably don't want to know about them either.

Another thing you might not want to know about is how heavy my wheelbarrow is each time as I haul a load of compost down to the potager.

However 

what you might like to know is that our  tomatoes are huge, our roses are beautiful and our rubbish bins alot less full than they used to be!



Bon courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment